This legacy Eos Family product is no longer shipping and has been replaced by Ion Xe
Power in a portable package
The ease, power and operational style of larger Eos®-family products in a small, affordable package. Ion's compact footprint - only 19" wide- is the perfect solution for space-challenged environments and small venues. Providing fully integrated
control of media servers and conventional, LED, and moving lights, Ion® packs a punch.
Highly intuitive and simple to use, Ion will satisfy the needs of beginners and pros alike. But you don't need a PhD in Ion to use it! Start with the everyday (channel 5 at full) and let the full potential of Ion - like the powerful effects package,
marking and timing functions - unfold with your experience. And it's an easy step from Ion to Gio @5, Gio® or Eos Ti™, so the knowledge gained will work for you professionally for years to come.
Ion sports a generous programming keypad, four dedicated encoders for non-intensity parameter control, a grand master and blackout button, as well as a master split fader. For more hands-on control, Ion hosts up to six USB fader wings - the 2x10
and 2x20 - for a total of 300 additional mapped submasters or 200 cue lists with paging controls. The desk can support one or two external high-resolution Windows® 7-compatible monitors that can also be touch- or multi-touch screens.
Ion starts at 1,024 outputs and can expand to 6,144 outputs. Both of these versions support 16,000 channels, which can be numbered from 1 to 99,999.
Use Ion in a stand-alone system or as a remote programming station for a larger system.
Get the Specs
- Dedicated master playback fader pair
- Dedicated grand master and blackout switch
- Four pageable encoders
- Channel summary or table views, user configurable in live/blind
- Blind spreadsheet views
- Three user-definable workspaces per monitor, each with discrete split-screen controls and frame management. Additionally, single- or multiple-screen snapshots allow instant reconfiguration.
- Custom-design your control interface using Magic Sheets, with topographical or abstract layouts. Full interaction with the command line allows command instructions - from the simplest and most immediate to the most complex - accessed from a mouse
or single- or multi-touch displays.
- Configure and program a pixel-map layout, using integral or custom-designed content.
- Device discovery and troubleshooting via RDM
- ETC Sensor® CEM+, CEM3™ and FDX dimmer feedback and controls
- ETCNet3™ (ACN- based), ETCNet2™, Artnet and Avab® UPD protocol output
- Multiple MIDI and SMPTE Inputs
- Client/server networking and synchronized backup
- Client and Offline programming on PC (Windows 7 or higher) and native on Macintosh (El Capitan v10.11 or later), via ETCnomad™.
- Data-laundering from Obsession™, Express™, Expression®, Emphasis®, Congo®, Cobalt™, Transtechnik NT, Avab VLC, Grand MA1, Grand MA2 and Strand 500/300 series show files.
- 99 discrete online users with partitioned control
Please note that older, Windows XP-based Ion consoles are unable to run Eos v3.0 and above. Please download the latest version of Eos v2.9 when using these consoles in your system.