Becoming an Authorized Service Provider
The process of becoming an ETC Authorized Service Provider begins by completing a series of online classes that include product overviews and cover some industry basics. Anyone is able to take this course through our online learning platform LearningStage.
After you complete this course, you may apply to attend a New Technician Training Session.
ETC Authorized Service Provider are a group of talented technicians and engineers who install and service ETC systems. Authorized Service Providers are an extension of ETC and are held to the same high standards for proficiency and customer service as ETC employees.
To become an Authorized Service Provider, you must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Have a basic understanding of theatrical and/or architectural lighting system technology.
- Be employed by or contracted by an ETC Dealership, ETC Representative agency or other authorized ETC partner.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Electronic installation and troubleshooting.
- Skilled use of tools and the ability to install mechanical components.
- Create and present instructional curriculum for the systems you install.
- Provide in depth user level training sessions on all ETC products.
- Possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Own and be able to operate every tool on the
ETC Required Technician Tool list.
- Attend New Technician Training
- Successful completion of a checkride.
- Complete certification requirements every two years by attending regular required training sessions:
- Online training and webinars
- Live Recertification training session
How to register for classes
1. Register for a
MyETC account, or log into your existing
LearningStage in the navigation bar
3. Go to our course catalog and select the Technician category
4. Choose the
New Technician Training Prerequisites Series
During the training process, we will build on your current skills and provide both substantial training and supporting documentation to prepare you to commission systems and support ETC customers.
If you have any questions about the process of becoming an Authorized Service Provider, please