Setting up a Master Playback Wing and/or a Universal Fader Wing with a PC may work for some users but not for others. For anyone who does not have success getting their Master Playback Wing operational, ETC Technical Services will help users to the best of their ability should they have difficulty getting their Wings operational, but Wings have not been tested in this capacity. Users may experience unexpected results or have difficulty getting the drivers installed -- however, experience has shown that users connecting Wings to PC's tend to not run into problems.
Installing a Master Playback Wing
(all dialog boxes in this article are from Microsoft Windows XP. Later editions of Windows should have a similar installation process for the Master Playback Wings.)
The following things should be completed before beginning the setup:
1. Connect Master Playback Wing to computer via USB cable; wait for following dialog box to appear. Select No, not this time, and then select Next.
2. Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) and then select Next.
3. Select Search for the best driver in these locations. and Include this location in the search. Open the Browse option and navigate to the folder on your computer where \congo\USB_Drivers is located. Once the file directory for \USB_Drivers is selected, press Next.
4. The following dialog will come up. Select Continue Anyway.
5. Again navigate to the \Congo\USB_Drivers\ directory and select OK.
6. Select Finish.
It is possible that the computer will recognize the Master Playback Wing as two unique devices:
If so, there will likely be an automatic prompt after the installation has run the first time asking to install the hardware a second time. Should that happen, repeat the process again and the Master Playback Wing should then be ready to use with the Congo Client/OLE software.
Installing a Universal Fader Wing
(all dialog boxes in this article are from Microsoft Windows XP. Later editions of Windows should have a similar installation process for the Universal Fader Wings.)
1. Connect Universal Fader Wing to computer via USB cable; wait for following dialog box to appear. Select No, not this time, and then select Next.
The Universal Fader Wing should be ready to use now with Congo Client/OLE software.
Share the ETC love! Do you think this information would be helpful to a friend? Fill out the form below to send the page to other recipients, or send it to yourself to save for future use.