DMX Scene Controller
The Unison Echo® DMX Scene Controller provides control of dimmers and LED fixtures by storing and outputting DMX values. The DMX Scene Controller is capable of outputting a full universe of DMX 512 (512 addresses) and supports the storing of 32 presets.
Note: Configuration changes made to the DMX Scene Controller in the EchoAccess Mobile App impact the Custom configuration mode of the DMX Scene Controller only. A DMX Scene Controller set to Basic mode will remain unaffected by configuration settings made in the EchoAccess Mobile App. Basic and Custom modes are set at the DMX Scene Controller device using the Config Mode Switch.
For more information reference the Unison Echo® DMX Scene Controller Installation Guide. All ETC documentation is available for free download from www.etcconnect.com.
To configure a DMX Scene Controller, select Configuration from the EchoAccess Mobile App menu. All discovered devices will display for selection. Navigate to and select the DMX Scene Controller from the devices list for configuration. The General Configuration page displays for configuration.
- Control Unpatched Addresses - when enabled all DMX addresses in the universe will be snapshot-recorded into presets; when disabled only DMX addresses that are patched to the selected DMX Scene Controller zones will be snapshot-recorded into presets
- Allow Space Actions to Affect Unpatched Addresses - when enabled all DMX addresses in the universe will be subject to space actions such as Space Raise and Lower; when disabled only DMX addresses that are patched to the selected DMX Scene Controller zones will be affected
- Allow Patch Auto Shift - when enabled DMX addresses will auto-adjust when consecutively patched fixture profiles are modified
- DMX Output Refresh Rate - sets the output refresh rate of the DMX Scene Controller, the default rate is 35Hz
- Use the drop down menu to set the desired rate.
When viewing the General Configuration page, swipe left or right to change to the Patch Configuration page. The Patch Configuration page provides the ability to patch Zones individually, assigning each zone a fixture Profile and DMX address. Alternatively, patch multiple zones using the same Profile properties and assign the DMX start address using the Patch Wizard.
The following fixture profiles are available Intensity, RGB, RGB_S, RGB_SF, IRGBS, RGBA, RGBW
- For each zone, use the drop down menu to assign a color profile.
- Tap the [Add Addresses] button to assign additional DMX addresses to each zone.
- To delete a DMX address (or range of addresses) from the Current Addresses box, select the address and tap the [Delete] button. There is no undo.
Tap the [Patch Wizard] button on the Patch Configuration page to patch multiple zones using the same Profile settings.
- Profile - select the fixture profile for all included zones from the drop down menu
- Zones - set which zones should be configured together with a similar set of profiles
- Start Address - set the DMX Start Address of the first zone to be configured; subsequent zones will be assigned consecutive DMX addresses
The Preset Configuration page of the DMX Scene Controller with an EchoAccess Mobile App allows for the configuration of each local preset's fadetime. This is the time that the preset will take when activated or deactivated.