What you need to know
ETC respects the privacy of all visitors to our website. You control whatever personal information you wish to give us. You do not have to tell us who you are or reveal anything further about yourself. We collect only the information necessary to maintain a satisfactory business relationship with you or your company.
Information About ETC’s Participation in the Privacy Shield
ETC – General Counsel
3031 Pleasant View Road
Middleton, WI 53562
ETC has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit
www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
ETC is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself to us or on this Site, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child, we will delete that information and otherwise comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and applicable law. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at
You must be at least 13 years of age to register with or use this Site. This Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under 13 years of age may provide any personal information to or on this Site or use this Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Information We Collect About You
Here is the information we do collect and how we use it:
Activity Information. When you access and interact with the Site, we may collect certain information about those visits. For example, our servers may receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Site from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information for that device.
Personally Identifiable Information
- When you fill out forms or fields on this Site;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us, this Site and our services, whether via email or other electronic means;
- When you sign up for ETC website membership;
- When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions;
- When you participate in online surveys; and
- When you participate in forums or provide user generated content or submissions.
ETC website membership is an added feature of this Site and is not required to access this Site. You can browse the public sections of this Site without providing ETC with any information. However, membership allows you to customize your experience on the Site and access information for your type of membership.
From time to time, ETC administers online surveys to solicit your opinion on our website content, structure and user experience. We use the information you provide in these surveys to improve our website. Within the survey itself, we will let you know exactly how we will use the information we collect.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you through a variety of technical methods, including the following:
- Collection of Usage Details and IP Address. As you navigate through this Site, we may collect details of your visits to this Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs, the resources that you access, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. We may use this information for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and business partners.
with Cookies. "Cookies" are pieces of information that a website sends to your computer while you are viewing a website. We may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. You consent to our placement of cookies on your computer. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer. If you choose to do so, however, your use of certain aspects of this Site may be restricted.
with Web beacons. “Web beacons” are electronic images, tags or scripts that allow a website to access cookies and help track general usage patterns of visitors to a website. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookies, time and date of a page view and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. We may use Web beacons to compile information regarding use of this Site.
with Mobile Device GPS. If you are using a mobile device application to access or use the Site, we may use the GPS of the mobile device to identify your location. Any such identification is used only in connection with the functionality of the Site and will not be otherwise used, except in the aggregate with the location information from other users.
The information collected through these technical methods, standing alone, cannot be used to determine your identity. Such information may, however, be combined in a way that makes it become personally identifiable information. If this happens, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
We do not collect any financial information on this Site. If you make a debit or credit card payment online, you will be taken to a secure payment service provider who will take your payment on our behalf. You should not communicate credit card or other payment information via email, as it is not secure.
Use Your Information
We may use your information, including any personally identifiable information, to:
- Confirm and complete transactions requested by you;
- Provide customer support (including, responding to your requests), troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
- Contact you to verify the information you provide to us;
- Understand and anticipate your needs and preferences;
- Ensure this Site is of interest to you (including, customization of advertising and content) and help us better understand your use of this Site;
- Protect the security and integrity of this Site;
- Conduct internal reviews of this Site and administer this Site’s systems;
- Develop, enhance, and market our products and services or the products and services of third parties;
- Provide you with promotional materials, offers, and personalized information;
- Manage our business and operations;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- Provide administrative communications to you;
of Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose personally identifiable information:
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive your personally identifiable information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- To our third party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional and transaction materials, and this Site’s maintenance and security;
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights;
- In connection with a Business Transfer, as defined below (see Business Transfers below); and
- To our affiliated companies (i.e., companies under common control or management with us).
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take your personally identifiable information and make it non-personally identifiable, either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating your information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-personalizing your information). We may use and/or disclose to third parties such aggregate or de-personalized information in any manner and without notice or compensation to you.
Circumvention of Security Measures
From time to time, we may participate in or use advertising networks, such as third party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors and research firms. We may use these third-party advertising networks for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables their computers to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of this Site and other websites, the location of your Internet service provider’s presence, the date and time of a visit to a website and other interactions between you and website. Please see the “Online Behavioral Advertising” subsection of Choices About How We Use and Collect Your
Information below to read about how you can prevent certain third-party advertising networks from collecting information about you.
About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over certain information:
- Offers from Us. If you do not wish to receive promotional materials, marketing materials email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt-out of receiving such information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions on this Site) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email, by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collected your data, adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, if applicable, or by sending us an email stating your request to
- Accessing, Correcting and/or Deleting Personal Information. If this Site allows you to create an account with us, then you can review and update your personal information by logging into this Site, visiting your account profile page and making changes, including submitting a request to delete your account information by sending us an email stating your request to
- Online Behavioral Advertising. Certain third-party advertising networks that deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). You can prevent NAI member companies from collecting preference data about you by visiting
http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/and following the NAI’s directions. Note that if you opt out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising. In addition, if you opt out through the NAI and later delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
You Disclose to Third Parties
of this Site in the United States
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this Site or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Right to Access Your Information
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding your personally identifiable information, please contact us at any of the following:
- Via telephone: (608) 831-4116
- Via fax: (608) 836-1736
- Via mail: Attn: Webmaster
Electronic Theatre Controls, Inc.
3031 Pleasant View Rd.
Middleton, WI 53562, United States of America
- Via email:
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS - YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personally identifiable information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at
email@example.com in writing at:
Electronic Theatre Controls, Inc.
3031 Pleasant View Rd.
Middleton, WI 53562, United States of America
Fax Number: (608) 836-1736
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the e-mail address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.