At this time, we are not accepting grant applications.
How does ETC
Corporate Giving work?
There are two avenues by which to request a donation in support of your non-profit’s cause; you may apply for a cash funding grant or an ETC equipment grant. The Community Betterment Committee reviews cash donation requests and the Equipment Committee
reviews the applications for equipment. The two committees function independently of each other. Please consult the ETC Corporate Giving Guidelines to ensure that your request qualifies for consideration in one of our five focus areas of giving and meets our eligibility requirements:
Requests which do not meet ETC’s eligibility, focus area, or application requirements will be declined.
We typically receive a large volume of applications during each cycle. Although any request may be fully funded, ETC reserves the right to make an award for less than the requested total or to decline it entirely.
Upon receipt of an application, an automated email response will be generated. Each application will be evaluated by the Program Administrator within 30 days of receipt to determine its eligibility to move forward to the Readers. Applicants will be notified as to whether their application has been accepted or declined.
Can I apply for
both an equipment and cash grant?
Yes, as long as each request follows the Corporate Giving Guidelines.
If my grant is
declined or awarded, can I reapply again for the next cycle?
Yes. There are no restrictions on applications for each cycle as long as the request meets the applicable guidelines.
Can we offer to
promote ETC if we get a grant?
ETC does not accept promotional incentives (such as our logo on your website or program, acknowledgement on your letterhead, or other naming rights) from organizations which have been awarded grants. Our Corporate Giving program is intended to part of good corporate citizenship, and not to actively promote ETC.
I’d like to meet
or call the decision-making Committee about my cause and application. How can I
Committee members do not actively engage with applicants regarding grant requests in order to preclude bias in the allocation of grants. If you have specific questions about the process or need assistance with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and an
Administrator will contact you.
Betterment Committee) Grants
How does the CBC
(Community Betterment Committee) function?
The CBC is a diverse, rotating group of ten ETC employees who volunteer their time to determine awards during each biannual cycle. CBC grants are cash donations for general funding of non-profit groups or their specific projects, as long as they adhere to the Corporate Giving Guidelines. The funds awarded are typically modest as the
CBC strives to have a positive impact across numerous funding requests. As CBC funds are limited, requests that exceed $5,000 are seldom granted.
Should I just
apply for $5,000 and hope for a partial award?
The Community Betterment Committee may decide to award a partial grant in any amount for any request. Requests for funding from organizations with demonstrated need may or may not be viewed more favorably by the Committee. However, an application for a large grant
without stated substantial and specific need and proper narrative may be declined.
What do I need to
include with my CBC application?
When submitting a CBC application, please:
- Be certain that your organization qualifies in one of the five focus areas of giving and meets ETC’s eligibility requirements.
- Include a copy of your group’s 501(c)(3) tax exempt documentation from the IRS which includes your FIN (Federal Identification Number).
- Provide a brief narrative about your organization. Tell us what you do and what you’ve accomplished, what your current goals are and how you impact your community.
Can I use the
funds to purchase equipment?
No. If you wish to acquire ETC equipment, please apply for an ETC equipment grant. Cash donations from the CBC are intended to provide general funding to non-profit organizations or funds for specific projects that meet our Corporate Giving Guidelines.
How are Equipment
Equipment Grants are donations of new, used, or refurbished ETC goods and equipment. Applications are reviewed by the Equipment Committee that functions independently from the Community Betterment Committee.
ETC manufactures and assembles our products. We ship directly to grant award winners instead of providing funds to purchase equipment. Grant awards are typically additions or enhancements to existing systems, such as a small fixture package or a low or mid-range control console. Donations are typically modest in order to award
as many applicants as possible. Requests that exceed $10,000 retail value are seldom granted.
Please note: ETC is unable to award or donate complete lighting system packages, equipment produced by any of ETC's subsidiary companies (HES, Echoflex, etc.), training, or any equipment that would require system commissioning and/or electrical upgrades. Product lines not eligible for grants include:
- All dimming or power control products (Sensor, ColorSource, Unison, Distribution, Company Switches, ELTS, tracks, outlet boxes and outlets)
- All Rigging products
- Top line control consoles such as Eos Ti, Gio and Gio@5
- Relevé Spot
- All High End products
- Architectural Systems including Paradigm, Mosaic, Echo, Foundry and Echoflex
- Architectural Track and Canopy lighting
- Specialty Networking and any applicable software
Can I apply for a
grant of non-ETC equipment?
No. If an item is not in our product listing, it cannot be requested in a grant application. Applications for non-ETC equipment, including all audio equipment, curtains/drapes, battens, piping, and electronic devices such as laptops, computers, and tablets will be declined.
Can I apply for a
grant of the aRFR and iRFR app?
No. Software, upgrades and apps are not eligible for grants at this time.
I don’t know what
I need to ask for or the retail value, can ETC help me?
ETC is unable to recommend specific products or equipment for your venue. Please consult with your technical staff or engage a technical professional or ETC Dealer to assess your space and offer recommendations. Our equipment requires some technical skill to use and maintain, and may require additional
components (such as a power control source or DMX device) to operate correctly. ETC is not responsible for any additional expenses or purchases required to enable the use of the donated equipment. Please be sure to understand the technical requirements of the equipment prior to applying.
What do I need to
include with my application?
When submitting an equipment application, please:
- Make sure that your organization qualifies in one of the five focus areas of giving and meets our eligibility requirements.
- Include a copy of your group’s 501(c)(3) tax exempt documentation from the IRS that includes your FIN (Federal Identification Number).
- Provide a brief narrative about your organization. Tell us what you do and what you’ve accomplished, what your current goals are and how you impact your community. We encourage you to include photos of your space and existing equipment as it helps bring your story to life for
- Submit a specific bill of materials for the equipment that you are requesting. For example, a request for “a few LED lights for our stage” is too vague. A request for “eight twenty-six degree Source 4 LED Lustr with Edison connector and safety cable” is optimal. If you are unsure and need assistance, please
contact us at