DMX/RDM Four-Port Gateway
Provides network data distribution via configurable ports on the rear of the unit
ETC's Four-Port Gateway is a DMX and RDM distribution device built on the quality and reliability of ETC's network development. Built for networking systems using industry standard streaming ACN™ (sACN) protocol, the Four-Port Gateway is compatible with ETC network system products. It uses bidirectional Ethernet communication with other network devices to send or receive DMX512 data and RDM messages. The Four-Port Gateway supports up to four DMX inputs and outputs, Terminal Strip and RJ45 connections in any combination to transport up to 2048 channels of DMX over Ethernet.
The DMX/RDM Four-Port Gateway is available for use as a table-top unit, rack-mount, pipe-mount, or DIN-rail-mounted device. Each Gateway may be configured with as few as one port or up to four ports, with each port independently defined as an output or an input.
What are ACN, Net3 and RDM?
ACN - Architecture for Control Networks is a standard for high-speed bidirectional communication over TCP/IP on Ethernet network infrastructure. ACN is a suite of protocols used between network devices for the purpose of greater and more adaptive control in lighting applications.
Net3 - Net3 is one of ETC's standard ACN interoperability profiles (the 'rules' for how different devices will work together) providing additional communication between devices that is not yet specified or standardized.
RDM - Remote Device Management is a protocol enhancement to DMX512 that allows bidirectional communication between a system controller and attached RDM-compliant devices over a standard DMX line. This allows configuration, status monitoring, and management of the connected RDM devices.
- Supports Net3 using ACN and streaming ACN protocols
- Supports up to four DMX wiring connections
- Distributes up to 2048 Channels over Ethernet
- Ports configurable for input or output
- Supports Remote Device Management (RDM)
- Supports Power over Ethernet (PoE 802.3af) or external power supply
- Integrated LCD displays status and configuration information
- Standard compact design supports tabletop, DIN-rail, rack-mount or touring configurations
- Configured using Net3 Concert configuration software
- ANSI E1.17 ACN protocol compatible