Game on. ETC is now accepting video submissions for their ‘Show Us Your ETC’ student-video contest. Student-participants can now post their videos to YouTube, fill out ETC’s submission form, and show off their ‘ETC’ (enthusiasm, talent and creativity).
ETC will give away three demo-stock Eos®-line lighting control console prizes, one to each of the three best student-submitted videos. The homemade videos will be judged for their ‘ETC-ness’ (enthusiasm, talent and creativity) and their use of ETC as a theme and motif. Each video must be under five minutes and appropriate in subject matter.
The “Show Us Your ETC” challenge ends February 21, 2012 (the final day for video posting/form submission). Throughout the four-month submission period, a panel of judges — ETC’s Jon Ironside (the contest’s originator), as well as ETC’s CEO Fred Foster, industry luminary Richard Pilbrow, and the general public — will be viewing the video submissions and casting votes. (Judging weight: Ironside gets 20% of the deciding vote, Foster 20%, Pilbrow 20%, and the combined general public 40%.)
Winners will be announced at the USITT 2012 conference in Long Beach, California, where the semi-finalist videos will also be shown. The “Show Us Your ETC” 1st-prize winner will choose between an ETC Eos, Ion®, or Element® console. The 2nd- and 3rd-prize winners will choose from the remaining two consoles. Students may submit as individuals or as a group, but they will be representing a high school, college or university that will then receive the console as the award.
The contest is open to students ages 14 and older (under 18 will require the signature of a parent or guardian). Students must be currently affiliated with and enrolled in an institution of higher education. Entrants should refer to the ‘Show Us Your ETC’ terms and conditions for eligibility requirements, submission requirements and more legal information.