Setting up a Universal Fader Wing with a PC may work for some users but not for others. For anyone who does not have success getting their Universal Fader Wing operational, ETC Technical Services will help users to the best of their ability should they have difficulty getting their Universal Fader Wings operational, but Universal Fader Wings have not been tested in this capacity. Users may experience unexpected results or have difficulty getting the drivers installed -- however, experience has shown that users connecting Universal Fader Wings to PC's tend to not run into problems.
Installing a Universal Fader Wing
(all dialog boxes in this article are from Microsoft Windows XP. Later editions of Windows should have an installation process for the Universal Fader Wings that is fundamentally the same.)
For starters, the following things should be completed before beginning the setup:
- Universal Fader Wing is powered up but not connected to computer.
- ETC Congo Offline Editor (OLE) is installed on computer (for Client use, software must be same release version as the console acting as the Server is)
1. Connect Universal Fader Wing to computer via USB cable; wait for following dialog box to appear. Select No, not this time, and then select Next.
2. Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) and then select Next.
3. Select Search for the best driver in these locations. and Include this location in the search. Open the Browse option and navigate to the folder on your computer where \congo\USB_Drivers is located. Once the file directory for \USB_Drivers is selected, press Next.
4. The following dialog will come up. Select Continue Anyway.
5. Again navigate to the \Congo\USB_Drivers\ directory and select OK.
6. Select Finish.
The Universal Fader Wing should be ready to use now with Congo Client/OLE software.