When triggering a Wholehog using Midi Show Control (MSC) you can monitor the data stream and read the incoming MSC data string by going into Control Panel on the Hog and pressing Event Monitor. Event Monitor can show what's coming into the console via MIDI or Time code.
To get the Hog to do a Go on 34.4 on Cuelist 1 you need to be seeing:
F0 7F 01 02 01 01 33 34 2E 34 00 31 F7 (the last
F7 byte is truncated in the event monitor).
F0 7F 01 02 01
- This is the standard start string to tell a Hog with a device ID of 1 and a format no. of 1 that a MSC command follows . . .
- this is a go command followed by
33 34 2E 34
- cue 34.4 - each digit is represented separately, as themselves plus 30 (e.g. digit 8 would be hex
38 and digit 5 would be hex
35) and the point is provided by the
- null byte
- cuelist number 1
- end of message (you don't see this in event monitor)
The classic Go command in MSC goes (ignoring the
F0 7F 01 02 01 prefix and the
F7 at the end):
01 <Q number> 00 <Q list> 00 <Q path>
The Hog doesn't use the Q path command in this way, so it will ignore it. Changing pages on the Hog uses the
1D <page no.>
The limitation with using MSC to trigger the Hog, is if your choose button is not lit over your master cuelist on the Hog, the commands don't work... Not using the cuelist no. is like using the Big Go button.