Product Lines: Obsession II Lighting Control Systems (all models)
Description: Version 4.4 software upgrade
This document explains how to install Version 4.4 system software in an Obsession ® II system and ensure the compatibility of software in all associated network devices. If you have any problems or questions regarding these procedures, please contact ETC ® Technical Services at one of the offices listed at the end of this document.
Before beginning a software upgrade, follow the steps below:
- Save your showfile to your hard drive and to a diskette.
- If currently operating with a 3.x version of system software, you must upgrade to version 4.0 before upgrading to version 4.4. 1 The version 4.0 upgrade provides new keycaps and directs you to change the location of other keycaps already on your facepanel.
- Make a printout of your current I/O configuration file.
- A software upgrade installs a new configuration file with default settings. To return the former settings, re-build your new I/O configuration file as explained in the section below, Rebuilding your I/O configuration.
WARNING: Do not re-use an I/O configuration from a 2.x or 3.x version of system software.
- If you have shows on diskette that are in the 3.x format, you must convert them to 4.x format before running them in version 4.4 system software. Only shows recorded in 4.0 (or later) format will run inversion 4.4 software. See Chapter 29 of your version 4.4 Obsession II User Manual for instructions on the use of the Obsession II Show Translator.
- After installing the version 4.4 software, if you want to go back to an earlier version that you ran on this system, see the Restoring from archive section below.