Electronic Theatre Controls
Welcome to ETC's Online Community

ETC Express Power supply

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 41
John Posted: 04-12-2012 4:52 PM

Hey everyone, well it's been a while since I've posted here. 

Well here's my problem, we have a small studio space which we put an old ETC express. Recently a pin came out of the power supply when someone moved it or whatever its story is. So now one of the 8 pins on the power supply is not there. What's the best option in your minds? Try and go in there remove the metal guard around the pins and do a tight little soder job or spring for a new power supply. I mean are there any good options I should consider?

Thanks for you help.

-John

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 219

Probably not a good idea to try to resolver that pin.  You don't want it to break off in the board.  The power supplies seem to have about an 8-10 year life, so an 8 pin is in that life span for sure.  I would just replace it before it starts to give you problems down the road.  Just call your local ETC Dealer and they can get you one very quick.

JP Gagnon High Output, Inc. Portland, ME

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 139

You will be looking for: PS319 (formerly PS127) - 8 Pin Mini Din

Mike Meskill, ETC International Service Manager  

Not Ranked
Posts 41

Thanks for the advice, I figured it would be smarter to buy a new one... For this part do you think it would be cheaper from a dealer or online? 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 139

Going to a dealer is best as you will surly get the correct items. Sometimes trying to find it online leads to you getting something that looks correct but is not. It is, however, up to you.  

Mike Meskill, ETC International Service Manager  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS