Electronic Theatre Controls
Welcome to ETC's Online Community

CIA pops open without anyone touching console

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
10 Posts
Patrick Hudson posted on 03-07-2012 2:09 PM

I'm running an Ion using v1.9.8.  On two occasions the CIA has opened/expanded without anyone touching the console or mouse.  Is there something running in the background that may cause this behavior?

The first time was with only DMX nodes on the network.  A save had been performed, and the CIA had been collapsed, but not locked.  Output state was Cue 0.  Approximately 3 minutes after the last keystroke or mouse move (hands off both for that time) the CIA suddenly reopened/expanded.  Nothing was selected or highlighted (to the best of my recollection).  The output state did not change.

The second time (about 2 weeks later), the Ion had been on for about 5 minutes, and an RVI unit (set as User 2) was booting up.  This time the CIA opened/expanded and highlighted Record Target Lists, which was the category below the previously selected category prior to closing the CIA.  Again, no one was touching the console or mouse, nor was anyone near the RVI unit at the time.  The output state (Cue Out) was not affected.

Since no one was working at the time of either occurrence, this has not affected programming or playback. It's just odd to be standing away from the console and see the screen change without anyone touching the system.

-Patrick

Eos & Ion, v2.0.1

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
5,062 Posts

Patrick, if you can identify the date/time this occurred, can you send the logs from the unit experiencing this to eos@etcconnect.com?  If you can't recall, please send the logs the next time it happens.

Thanks much!

a

Anne Valentino

Eos Product Line Manager

Not Ranked
10 Posts

Hi Anne,

The second CIA opening issue does appear to be directly connected to an RVI unit coming online and receiving the show information. It has now occurred every time the RVI unit comes online (newer system, just now getting regular use). If you want the log info for that, I can almost guarantee it will happen the next time I boot up the system.

The original CIA issue was without any other RVI or other type of user interface connected to the network, but unfortunately I do not remember the date.

-Patrick

Eos & Ion, v2.0.1

Top 10 Contributor
5,062 Posts

Ah, yes, well, the CIA will appear when show files are being transferred.  That is expected behavior and typically a good thing.  If you see anything else odd, please note the date/time if you can and send us the logs.

Thanks very much,

a

Anne Valentino

Eos Product Line Manager

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS