Electronic Theatre Controls
Welcome to ETC's Online Community

Record Cue Next

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
54 Posts
mcs posted on 02-16-2012 10:37 PM

My (incorrect) understanding of record cue next is that it it should, in theory, select the next unrecorded cue number in the list... so if i have

cue 1/1
cue 1/2
cue 1/3
cue 1/4

record cue next should in theory select cue 1/5

However, i've found that if i'm in cue 1, and i say record cue next, cue 2 shows up in the command line...
Is this really what's supposed to happen in this situation? 

beyond that, if if i have more than 1 list (say cue list 2 is loaded in the master and i'm editing...), record cue next always seems to select my next available cue in my lowest cue list number...

record cue 2/1
record cue 2/2
record cue 2/3
record cue next = 1/x

This definitely seems wrong to me...  or am i crazy? 

thank you!

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,061 Posts

The behaviour is what is expected - it is based on the selected cue (what is in your command line), not what is in the master playback. So, even if cue list 2 is in your master playback, if cue 1/2 is on your command line, [Record][Next] will populate with 1/3.

Hope that helps-

-luke-

Top 200 Contributor
54 Posts

hmm... that seem like odd behavior, considering how record next works when recording presets or palettes, or when patching- since it select the next available empty spot (even though it will select the next at the end of the list, regardless of blank spaces in between- which i understand)

how 'bout a

record shift next

to get to the next available whole number... or something like that...

Top 10 Contributor
1,061 Posts

Actually, the logic is basically the same. With Presets and Palettes, though, there's a pretty high chance that your next one from your current "pointer" is the next free one.

I think your Shift-Next idea is an interesting one, though!

-luke-

Not Ranked
7 Posts

I agree that Record Cue Shift-Next would be a great option to have. To be able to append a new Cue to the end of the Cue Stack would be helpful rather than paging through the Cue List to find out what the next available whole number is.

I was hoping that it would show up on version 2.0

Top 10 Contributor
1,864 Posts

i asked the same some time ago. if memory serves, Anne answered that among other things it's a problem with legacy consoles and it would lead to a "world of hurt". i can accept that.

but i do like Shift-Next !

Eos Family 2.2 beta build 63, aRFR, iRFR, Nomad PC
NTX 6.0.1.4

Top 50 Contributor
211 Posts

I second the shift next,

At the mo my work around instead of scrolling to the end is

[Record] [Cue] [899] [Last] [Next] [Enter}

Cue 899 being a linked safety cue to stop me rolling into rig check stuff. The cue number or it being linked is irrelevant, just that I always know that's the last cue in the stack to refer to.

Sammy

The Royal Court, England

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS