Electronic Theatre Controls
Welcome to ETC's Online Community

Advisory to 1.9.8/1.9.9 Systems Using Hard-Line DMX

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,062
Anne Valentino Posted: 02-09-2012 4:19 PM

Good day everyone.  We have very recently isolated an issue in Eos Family 1.9.8 and 1.9.9 which can cause the local DMX ports to randomly lose output.  When this occurs, it is necessary to restart the device responsible for outputting DMX to the system.  Although the instances of this occurring appear, from our research, to be rare, we wanted to advise you of the issue.

A new build of 1.9.9 which addresses this has been posted to the product downloads pages for the Eos family of products.  We would encourage you, if you are currently running 1.9.8 or 1.9.9 (and using local DMX) , to install this as soon as possible.   We are planning to release 1.9.10 within a week, which will also incorporate this change - however we didn't think it wise to wait until that software was available to make you aware of this.  On the downloads page, you will find 1.9.9 build 40 (the posting date shows Feb 2, but this IS the latest 1.9.9 build and it fixes the issue).

Please note there is no need to conduct this update unless you are using the local DMX outputs.  Products affected by this include:

Gio
Ion
Element
Ion RPU

Thank you very much for your cooperation.  We are very sorry for this inconvenience.   

Anne     

Anne Valentino

Eos Product Line Manager

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 196

Hi Anne

In two separate postings, you say (end of January and this one), you say that 1.9.10 will be released in a week.

Is there an update to that ETA?

Andrew Riter

(who doesn't want to update and then update again, since I just updated last month . . .)

Andrew Riter

Head Lighting Technician

Chan Centre for the Performing Arts

University of British Columbia

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,062

Hi Andrew.   We ran into a snag on the release.  I tried to edit that information where posted and obviously missed a post.  It is looking as though 1.9.10 will release next week.

Thanks,

a

Anne Valentino

Eos Product Line Manager

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33

Should update my system now to 1.9.9 or wait for 1.9.10?  I am using hard line DMX in my venue and I did have issues with losing DMX signal, which I thought the problem was a faulty cable. However,  I have continued to have intermittent signal loss subsequent to swapping cables.  We will be into programming next Thursday and I would like to avoid doing an update mid-programming. 

Kearston Dillard-Scott

Lighting Supervisor/Master Electrician, Virginia Opera Association

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,062

You should update to the released build of 1.9.9, which is posted to the website.  

Thanks!

a

Anne Valentino

Eos Product Line Manager

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS