Welcome to ETC's Online Community

ARFR Display issue

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
3 Posts
Michael Jon Burris posted on 11-17-2011 7:37 PM

I have been trying to work with Arfr on my Vizio tablet (Model vtab1008
Android version 2.3.2 GRH78C) My console is an Element 250 with the second most recent software version.  Arfr was updated today.  This problem predates the ARFR update.

I finally have it speaking to the console, but the display is chopped
and the softkeys are obscured, yet will function if one pressed where the softkey would be.  If one looks at the attached picture you will notice that the Top row of softkeys are missing as well as the top half of the second row.

Any thoughts?

Michael Jon Burris
Palm Beach Dramaworks

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
5,062 Posts

Hi Michael.  Well, this is one of the trickier issues with Android devices.  Our theory here is that your device has an odd resolution - larger than a phone and smaller than a tablet device, which causes it to report its display capabilities to Android in an unusual way.    According to our developers, Android divides devices into specific categories depending on screen size, pixel size, resolution, width/height aspect and so forth.  Then applications can adjust screen elements accordingly.  We suspect that your device falls between the large and Xlarge categories.  

If we find a device in our testing that also crosses this boundary, we will try to address this issue.

Thanks much!

a

Anne Valentino

Eos Product Line Manager

Not Ranked
3 Posts

Thank you for the reply. The resolution of the tablet is 1024x768 (Far from oddball.  Standard SVGA, also same resolution as the IPAD2).  The issue seems to be that the display funtion is placed on a layer that obscures the softkeys and their definitions.  This is unfortunate since the design of the RFR is EXTREMELY dependantant on the softkeys that the developers have rendered invisible.  As far as I can tell, the RFR screen is the only screen where this issue occurs. 

This specific tablet is available from Amazon, WalMart, Costco, and Sams Club.  It is currently ranked #20 in Amazons listing of tablet sales.   I dwell upon this to point out that there are a lot of these out there (and more will be out there after the holidays) and this should be addressed before users start becoming dissatisfied by their emasculated RFUs. 

I hope to see this issue addressed soon.

Michael Jon Burris

Not Ranked
7 Posts

Hi all,

I've just got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and it also has this issue.  Is there a fix?

Cheers,

Tommo

Top 10 Contributor
957 Posts

Sorry for the long delay. We are working on a solution for these devices.

Anders Ekvall

ETC Software and System developer

Top 500 Contributor
27 Posts

Hi there,

Any news on this topic?

I was thinking about getting a cheap Hannspree SN97T41W exclusively for my element 250.

Since it has a 1024x768 resolution as the tablet above with the display-problem, I am worried and don't know if I should still buy it...?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS