I am completely new to the Ion (2 days since I opened the box), and I am sure that I will kick myself when someone answers these questions for me...but, here goes nothing.
1. How do I tell which software version I am running?
2. How can a new version be downloaded? (I am assuming that it would be somewhere on the ETC site or sent to registered users)
3. Once a new version has been downloaded, how should I go about uploading it to the console?
Again, I am sure that these are elementary questions, but I just would like to be on the safe side.
Technical Director and Facility Manager
Deer Park ISD
1. Your current software version can be found by pressing the [About] key with an empty command line.
2. Console software is available via the download portion of the product page on ETC's website (http://www.etcconnect.com/product.downloads.aspx?ID=20351) Simply click on the version you want under "software" and follow the directions.
3. Place the downloaded files onto a flash drive and go to your console and put in your flash drive. Exit out of ION via the CIA. Then click the "Settings" button. Choose the "General" tab and then go down to "update software" or something similar (I am not at my console to know the exact phrasing but it should be easy to find). Choose the flashdrive as the source for the upgrade and folow the on screen instructions.\
Hope this helps! and have fun playing with your new console.
thanks so much for the info!
we Have a Ion console faulty one we change hard drive once i open it I can see in the screen everything but in the ion panel there is nothing expect Ion word and the same story about the faders is not active my question we should do reformat ?? or there is another step i miss???
Reimaging the console may be recommended -- I think it would be best to have you get in contact with your local ETC office, if you haven't done so already:
For technical support in the Americas, please call 608/831-4116,or toll-free in the U.S. at 800/688-4116.
For technical support in Europe,please call (+44) 20 8896 1000.
For technical support in Germany,please call (+49) 8024 4700-0
For technical support in Asia,please call (+852) 2799 1220.
ETC Technical Support Specialist