Welcome to ETC's Online Community

V5 Offline error loading on PC

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
deonlot Posted: 08-22-2008 8:17 AM

HI

Can't seem to load congo offline onto my PC - no network issue at this stage - I get the startup screen but when I click the offline start button I get :

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library

Runtime error!

Program:

This program has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusaul way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information

I have googled, but have not found anyone with this sort of error.

Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 957

I think this might be a problem with the installation of Microsoft .NET that is used by the online help system.

Are you running on Vista or Windows XP? With Vista, there might be a problem in this area.

Anders Ekvall

ETC Software and System developer

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,424

The .NET libraries are only used for the online help function, and it's possible to turn that off.

To do that, you need to add the switch '/NOHELP' to the shortcut - make a copy of the shortcut to Congo, open it's properties and where it says something like 'C:\Congo\Congo.exe', add a space and '/NOHELP' at the end - keep the first part the same.

Accept the change and try using that link instead. If that fixes it, then the problem is your Microsoft .NET installation.

Unfortunately I don't know a repeatable way to fix that, as it's a Microsoft program.

Keep on trying till you run out of cake.

ETC Field Service, London

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
Running XP
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
Richard:

The .NET libraries are only used for the online help function, and it's possible to turn that off.

To do that, you need to add the switch '/NOHELP' to the shortcut - make a copy of the shortcut to Congo, open it's properties and where it says something like 'C:\Congo\Congo.exe', add a space and '/NOHELP' at the end - keep the first part the same.

Accept the change and try using that link instead. If that fixes it, then the problem is your Microsoft .NET installation.

Unfortunately I don't know a repeatable way to fix that, as it's a Microsoft program.

Will try this when I get back to work next Friday.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
Added the /nohelp to shortcut and working fine. Thanks
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS