Electronic Theatre Controls
Welcome to ETC's Online Community

Eos and Fader Wings

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 103
JeffMabray Posted: 05-20-2008 2:36 PM

If I have an EOS console with an attached 2x10 fader wing, and I press the "Fader Page" button to change the fader wing page, after I change the page and release the button, the fader page on the console faders has advanced as well.

For instance -

on the wing I am on page 1 and on the console I am on page 3.

If I press "Fader Page" and press the "Page 2" bump button on the wing, the wing then switches to page two.  However, my console is now set to page 4.

It makes sense that this would happen, because if I don't have a wing, I have to be able to change the fader page on the console, but is there a way for the desk to recognize the keystroke of pressing the fader wing bump button as the completion of the command?

Also - There are some coordination issues with the submaster levels between a fader wing page and a console page.  When I am controlling sub one on both pages, the faders on the desk will move to the position of the submaster set by the fader wing only once you have changed to a different page and then come back.  I am not saying that the fader on the desk should move at the same time as the submaster on the fader wing, but is there a plan on how to deal with this discrepancy between physical faders controlling the same submaster?

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,062

Jeff, thanks for reporting this.  We will address these issues in 1.4.1 (our fix-it build that will be released shortly after 1.4).

Anne

Anne Valentino

Eos Product Line Manager

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 92
The mini website illustrates a 1X20 fader wing mounted above the encoders.  Is there a product that fits into this groove that I can use to mount the monitors instead?  I have a 2X20 wing attached and would like to attach one monitor to that and one to the main desk. 

SBC

ION w/ 2X20 wing V 2.1

GIO w/ 2X20 wing V 2.1

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS