Hello and welcome -- also featuring house rules
This is not really my brain, just things I think about and things I want to talk about.
I hope you will talk to me about these things.
I plan to capture my random rambling thoughts on lighting and the lighting industry. You can read for free - you'll have to join our community to add your own comments. PLEASE DO. In the near future, we will be opening product forums and more, so joining now is worth your time.
Full Disclosure - I work for ETC and as such will abide by certain rules that
we as a company have set for me and
In general I subscribe to the WOMMA code of ethics. That said,
as an employee of ETC I will balance WOMMA's code of ethics with my personal and
professional responsibilities to ETC.
- My goal is to be open but there may be occasion to keep secrets - for
example, I will talk about my work but don't expect me to publish all our product plans.
- This one goes for all of us (since you can comment on my blog) - In short,
don't be a jerk... In long, do not post any material or links to material that
is obscene, defamatory, profane, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive,
hateful or embarrassing to another person or any other person or entity. This
includes, but is not limited to, comments regarding ETC, ETC employees, ETC
partners and ETC's competitors (it's just not cool). I will treat others as I
would want to be treated, please do the same.
- I have to respect copyright and so do
you. Please do not post any material or content that would violate any copyright
law or other intellectual property law.
- I'll do my best to cite others and provide links to them.
- This blog is not intended to provide technical support for any ETC
products. In the event you need technical support or service, please contact
ETC Technical Support at 1-800-688-4116 (24/7 I might add!).
Finally, I hope to accomplish a couple of things with this blog;
- I hope to start a valuable conversation about our industry. About
technology, about culture, about the arts in general and about lighting specifically.
- I hope to learn a bit from you - to get feedback, to have an honest
dialogue where your thoughts can be heard.
- I hope to have fun.